Friends of NADA
Friends of NADA is a new NADA Membership group launching in 2018 for art collectors and those who align themselves with NADA’s mission of cultivating, supporting, and advancing new voices in contemporary art.
This new membership level is dedicated to a distinct group within NADA’s larger constituency. NADA’s member network currently includes Gallery Membership, comprising galleries, artist-run spaces, non-profit organizations, museums, and institutions; and Individual Membership, for professionals working with contemporary art.
Establishing Friends of NADA furthers our mission as a 501c(6) non-profit membership organization to enhance the public’s interaction with contemporary art, and to develop a stronger sense of community among our constituency of galleries, independent arts professionals, and those who support them.
Programming for Friends of NADA has a dedicated focus on NADA Member Galleries and their artists, as well as the collectors who champion them.
Select benefits of Friends of NADA Membership include:
- Become a founding supporter of a year-round exhibition space to feature NADA Gallery Members based outside of New York City
- Receive a limited-edition artwork produced by NADA; 2018 Limited Edition of 30 by Em Rooney
- VIP access to NADA Miami, NADA New York, and other select art fairs
- Year-round invitations to special tours of museums, partner institutions, galleries, and private collections; artist studio visits; and VIP events
Friends of NADA Membership Requirements:
- $1,000 Annual Membership Fee
- Upon initial application, provide a brief description of your interest and involvement in the arts – a few artists in your collection or describe affiliation with galleries, museum, or arts organizations, including two references.
2018 Friends of NADA Programming:
- Friends of NADA Dinner, April 18
- Curator-led tour of Danh Vo: Take My Breath Away at the Guggenheim, April 19
- Tour with the Director of Magazzino Italian Art, followed by a reception at the home of NADA Board Member Nicelle Beauchene, April 23
- Studio Visit in Brooklyn with artists Gavin Kenyon, Kathleen Ryan and Catharine Czudej, April 28
- Walk-Through of “Ordinary Time” at Bodega with Artist Em Rooney, May 4
- Tour of Marc Camille Chaimowicz, “Your Place or Mine…” with Kelly Taxter, Associate Curator, The Jewish Museum, May 29
To inquire about Friends of NADA Membership, contact Emily Counihan at email@example.com or call 212-594-0883.