Relief Grant Application
The New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) is now accepting a second round of applications for the NADA Gallery Relief Grant, an initiative to provide emergency financial support to commercial, non-profit, and alternative exhibition spaces impacted by the COVID-19.
In order to make these funds available for those most urgently in need, we ask you to please read through applications guidelines included below before submitting your application. If you have applied for the previous round and did not receive a grant, we ask that you re-apply to reflect any changes to your situation.
The application is now closed for the second round of NADA Gallery Relief Grants.
& Application Guidelines
How much can I apply for?
- Eligible businesses can receive grants of up to $5,000.
Who can apply?
- Art galleries, alternative spaces, non-profit exhibition spaces—located in the U.S. or internationally—working with contemporary art that have been deeply impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
- Gallery or organization expects a significant loss in income due to COVID-19 crisis, and is at risk of closing because of this loss in income
- Gallery or organization has 5 or less employees or is run by an individual who operates under a sole proprietorship, with or without employees, or as an independent contractor. (If you have more than 5 employees but still expect significant losses, you may still apply; please include the additional description based on your need)
- Gallery or organization has been in operation for at least 1 year
- Gallery or organization follows the New Art Dealers Alliance Code of Ethics
- Business Information
- Years in business
- List of full-time and part-time employees
- Number of artists represented (if applicable)
- Total monthly operating expenses before closure
- Brief description of your business, its accomplishments, and its contribution to the arts community
- Projected monthly shortfall
- Brief description of how COVID-19 has affected your financial well-being and where you urgently need support now.
- Requested financial need
- Brief description of what the grant will go towards
- List of other grants or loans business has applied for and/or received
- Two references (if you are not a NADA member)
- Additional documentation of losses and questionnaire can be submitted, but are optional
For application support or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the NADA Gallery Relief Fund
The NADA Gallery Relief Fund offers grants to support commercial art galleries, non-profits, and alternative spaces working with contemporary art that are deeply impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Art galleries—open to the public year-round—are small businesses, employers and platforms for artists, curators, and art workers around this country and internationally. Essential sites for cultural exchange, galleries are central to the cultural fabric of the overall arts ecosystem and need support to endure this crisis. The fund operates through the fiscal sponsorship of Independent Curators International (ICI) and with support from the Kinkade Family Foundation.
Tax-deductible donations to the NADA Gallery Relief Fund can be made here.